Thursday, January 25, 2018

Road to destination

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!!  Well, are you willing to accept my challenge of 15 minutes daily with a Bible, not a mobile device? Let me know.
  Have you ever stopped and thought back about the journey you have been on in life?  If you could name the roads what would you name them?  Maybe in our youth we travel the road of ignorance, then, as we continue on the road of arrogance.  Then we start a job and travel the rocky road, and as we understand more and learn the smooth road.  Later we hit many difference roads – sandy road, winding road, steep road, bumpy road and on and on.
   What is wrong with naming these as our roads through life?  Nothing, however, our eyes may have shifted from the destination to each journey.  Huh?  What does this mean?  Well, our destination should be to follow Jesus Christ, do the father’s bidding, with our final destination being in the heavenly realm with God our Father.  All this while we must remember as Christians we are not promised a 4 land smooth paved road.
  In ancient days (and some in America) they had the road to Athens; Emmaus Road, the road to Damascus.  All  the roads had a name leading to their destination.  When people see us, do they see us on the road to our destination?  To be God-like; to show Jesus’ love to one another?  
  In our road of life we will find all the above mentioned roads which is not to say we are not under the Father’s care, but we do need to remember our final destination.  It is important for us to remember, once we choose to follow God we become prey to satan and we must remember to pray.  A very pleasant and easy road may lead to a cliff; whereas a road of rough terrain may lead to the Holy City.  
Today friend, take your eyes off your circumstances, and focus on your destination.
Matthew 7: 15 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.” (NIV version)
            Phillipians 3: 12 “I am not saying that I have already got all those things. I have not yet become completely as God wants me to be.  I am not saying that I have become like that already. But Christ Jesus has made me his own. And it is my whole purpose to become completely what he wants me to be. I am like someone who is running strongly to read a certain point.  13 My friends, I do not think that I have reached that point yet. But this one thing is what I do. I forget past things, which are behind me. And I try very much to reach the things that are in front of me.  14 I run straight towards that point, so that I can win God’s gift. God has chosen that I should live in heaven. Then I will be united to Christ Jesus. This is his gift to me. (Easy English version)
Thank you for reading. Today, wherever you go, go to meet what or who God wants you to encounter. Pray for them, share your blessings, then move on.  Love you all.
In Christ’s Love and Grace  

Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment