Monday, February 5, 2018

Turn aside, be bitter, or follow with dedication?

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!!!
   If you read chapter 1 of Ruth, you will see where Naomi and Elimelech and 2 sons went from Bethlehem-judah to Moab because of a famine.   While there Elimelech, Naomi's husband died.  There she was with her 2 sons. Then the sons took wives, Orpah and Ruth. They lived there around 10 years but no offspring at this time.  Then the sons, Mahlon and Chilion died, now Naomi had lost her husband and her sons. 
  At this point Naomi decided to return from Moab to where they were from, Beth-lehem.  Now on this journey three things reach out to me.  Watch and see.  As Naomi began the journey with her 2 daughters-in-laws she said to them - "Go, return each to her mother's house: the LORD deal kindly with you, as ye have dealt with the dead and me".  After tears and crying Orpah left to return to her mothers house. 
   Ruth did not and spoke to Naomi saying, "Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: they people shall be my people, and thy God my God:".
    They then journeyed on, Orpah returning home and Ruth with Naomi.  Upon arriving in Beth-lehem the people gathered around saying, "Is this Naomi?";  she responded saying do not call me Naomi for the Almighty has afflicted me, call me Mara for the Almight hath dealt very bitterly with me.
   One, with Orpah leaving to return to her mothers house I see turning aside and not looking for or expecting blessings to come because of past circumstances. How often do we do this?  Become discouraged due to things that have happened that may be beyond our control?
   Second, a discouraged woman, who may be a little bitter after losing her husband and 2 sons.  Call me Mara, which in Hebrew means "bitter"; so she was not a happy person.  How oft do we do this as well when things do not work out our way - we have bitterness, frustration, anger toward whatever or whoever caused things to work against what we thought they should?
   Third, we have dedication, a woman, Ruth, who said I will be with you. There is a song that says this: where you go I go, where you stay I stay, your people are my people and your God is my God.  Here is dedication!
   So, we see three things here: 1) a turning away; 2) bitterness; and 3) dedication.  Where do you stand in your walk with God today?  A dedication means taking time, spending time alone with the LORD.  Have you thought about your 29 minutes a day for God mentioned weeks ago?  If not, now is the time. Thank you for reading with me today. Love you all.  Ruth 1:
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment