Monday, November 26, 2018

Who is God? AND....can you really ask for ANYTHING and receive it?

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  YES, TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!!!!
  Who is Jesus?  He is the man God who was, is, and will be.  Philip, in John 14 spoke to Jesus saying, "Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us."
  When Philip said this, it was obvious he did not totally understand who Jesus was.  To Philip : "Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?
  Jesus is both chastising Philip and explaining.  So, had Philip seen the Father, seen God? 
  In John 14 Jesus continues on to say: 10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.
  So Philip is being told who Jesus is, and that he speaks that which the Father gave Him to share.  Then Jesus goes on with a promise.  Let's see;  this is in John 14: 12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
So, what do you garner from these verses?  Believeth on me (Jesus); take note of the works he (Jesus) does, and when Jesus goes to the Father, greater works shall be done.  And then what?
  No verse 13 - ask in my (Jesus') name and it will be given.  BUT, do not forget the last part -- THAT THE FATHER MAY BE GLORIFIED IN THE SON.
  Ask in his name and it will be done.  So often we get this and repeat that if we ask in Jesus' name it will be done - then angry with God if it is not.  We need not be angry as it says this needs to bring GLORY to God.
  We are children of God, saved by the blood of Jesus, and dwell within the Holy Spirit and we should strive constantly to bring HONOR and GLORY to GOD!  Do you?  I can honestly say I don't, the carnal evil man slides in, does or says something, then the Holy Spirit reprimands me.  How about you?
  Thank you for reading. Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

  

No comments:

Post a Comment