Monday, January 18, 2021

D O U B T E R S !!!!

 Good morning everyone!  God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  We, in the USA, are indeed blessed to be in this nation.  Other Christians around the world are suffering and being killed (or slaughtered) for their belief in the LORD JESUS CHRIST!

  Who can God use is a question asked by many.  God can use you, me, Trump, Biden, whomever HE chooses.  Hmmm!   Are you certain about that?  Yes, read along.
  Abraham was told he would have a son, but as he reached old age. Abraham doubted this and said: Genesis 17:17 Abraham fell facedown; he laughed and said to himself, “Will a son be born to a man a hundred years old? Will Sarah bear a child at the age of ninety?”
  D O U B T, yes, Doubt in what God can do.  But then........
 When Abraham was providing food for three visitors one of the visitors said he would return in a year because Sarah would have a baby.  Sarah overheard this and thought to herself:  Genesis 18: 12 So Sarah laughed to herself as she thought, “After I am worn out and my lord is old, will I now have this pleasure?”
   At this the LORD asked Abraham why Sarah laughed and also asked is anything too hard for the Lord?
   Next let us come to Moses and see his conversation with God.  Exodus 3: 10 So now, go. I am sending you to Pharaoh to bring my people the Israelites out of Egypt.”11 But Moses said to God, “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?”12 And God said, “I will be with you. And this will be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you will worship God on this mountain.” 13 Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?”14 God said to Moses, I am who I am". This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent me to you.’”15 God also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘The Lord, the God of your fathers—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob—has sent me to you.’

“This is my name forever,
    the name you shall call me
    from generation to generation.

Moses is now arguing with God.  As we see and read the Bible we think are they stupid, Abraham, Sarah, Moses and others for doubting and arguing with God. WEELLLLL, how often do we argue with God and when the Holy Spirit moves us we pass it off as "oh, it was only emotional and my own thoughts", when, in fact, God is nudging us to action.

   Here are a few "doubters" from the Bible you can look up.  They are people God used to get HIS work done.  Israelites Exodus 1:1-3; Gideon Judges :14-23;  Zechariah Luke 1:18; Thomas John 20:24-25.  Click here to see the particular passages.  

Are you listening to God?  OR............are you passing the message from God as your own thoughts?  Hmmm!! Something to ponder, from God or not from God, that is the question. May you be the next "doubter" that God uses. Thanks for reading today. Love you all.

 In Christ's Love and Grace

Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment