Saturday, January 9, 2021

Saying "I AM A CHRISTIAN" is easy, BUT.............WHEN TORTURE COMES- 2 Corinthians 4:8-9; Isaiah 12:2 & 41:8; Philippians 4:13

 Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO COMPLAIN!!!

   Okay, I may ramble somewhat today but stay with me.  I often print Too blessed to Complain......however, my question to me and to you is:  COULD OR DO WE REALLY LIVE IT?!?!?
   I watched a movie, a true story of Richard Wurmbrand, a Romanian Jew born in 1909.  He survived WWII and after the war was a believer in Jesus Christ in Romania.  Romania was under communist rule and the authorities actually hated, not disliked, but hated the Christians.  He suffered under their hand, but I'll come back to this later.
   In America we profess to be Christians and stand up for Jesus Christ, yet we have no trials.  When I say no trials, we are not treated as many in some countries where they are tortured to renounce the name of Jesus.  Oh, you say the government is trying to limit our voice, we are so abused having to deal with the immorality that America is leaning towards.  Oh, poor baby!  WE ARE NOT BEING TORTURED FOR JESUS CHRIST!  We are experiencing challenges, and we become discontent and grumble among ourselves, but what else do we do?
   On tv we see preachers who are worth hundreds of thousands of dollars if not millions, wearing fancy clothes and expensive jewelry.  Are they really for Christ?  Would they stand up for Christ if tortured?  
   Then we have you and me, middle class living in a comfortable home, wearing nice clothes, driving nice automobiles, and maybe some jewelry.  Would you and I stand up for Christ if tortured?  We would never know this until it happens. WELL........ I am hear to say it is coming.
   We may not, in these next few years, experience torture, BUT, we will be in a major SPIRITUAL BATTLE!!  The people coming to power have openly expressed their views and if you don't know what they believe take time to investigate.
   Just a few: abortions, same sex marriage, transgender, punishing pastors for hate speech when they preach, from the Bible, against these things; and, it will only get worse.  Slowly we are losing our freedoms in America.
   Ninety years ago a man came to power that was doing this very thing we see unfolding in America.  His first name was Adolph. But, coming may not be the star of David on our clothing but a CROSS marking us as, if you will, INFIDELS, aka CHRISTIANS.  Take heed my friends, the tide is turning and muddy waters will be coming.
  If you have a chance the movie, Tortured for Christ, is on Pureflix and is a great testimony.  Difficult to watch, but a true story and something to make you take a good look at yourself and your commitment to Jesus Christ.
   Also, Nicolae Moldoveanu, also in prison with Pastor Wurmbrand, wrote over 6,000 hymns while in prison and one with the movie is "I won't forget"; a very deep and stirring song.
   2 Corinthians 4: We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;

Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;   

Isaiah 41: We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;

Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;

  Isaiah 12:Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

  Philippians 4: 13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

  Thank you for reading with me today.  Stand up for Jesus Christ and be strong. Love you all.

In Christ's Love and Grace

Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment