Monday, September 25, 2017

Committed! Are you committed to Christ? John 15:5

Good afternoon all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  An interesting thought and conviction came to mind this past week.  Are you really committed?
   Some of us will not miss a tv show, a sports event, a party, or anything else that may occur.  Why?  Because we are committed to watch or attend.  We, you and I have committed ourselves to doing that event.
   In John 15:5 Jesus says: "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing."
   Think about these words from Jesus, the Son of God and what he is really saying.
Jesus Christ sacrificed HIS life on the cross; going through torment and anguish, so that you and I can have eternal life.  This gift is freely given by God's only begotten Son, but do we appreciate it?  Really appreciate what Jesus did for us?  Are we committed to HIM?
   If HE is the vine and I the branches; obviously I abide in Him and will do what he beckons and commanded me to do.  You also!  BUT, DO WE?
   Oh, I don't want to go to a Bible study, church can wait, no, I don't want to help the orphans, widows, and needy, just leave me alone - I worship in my own way!  Leave me alone- I just want to do what I want to do.  Quit bugging me.
  Oh how self-centered we have become - not just in America but all over the world.
  Christ took the humiliation, the pain, the suffering for me; for you; just so we could have everlasting life.  And how do we repay Him?  No, we don't have to be in a Bible study, be in a church, but we do need to read and STUDY our Bible so that we may be good followers of Christ.
   Love you neighbor as yourself.  Sometimes this is hard to do, but we are commanded to do so.  DO YOU? 
  You abide in Christ, so what do you do to show your fruit?  Is your fruit growing or withering?  Elizabeth Elliot says, "A prayerful heart and an obedient heart will learn, very slowly and not without sorrow, to stake everything on God Himself."
   Franklin Graham says: "There is not a single thing that Jesus cannot change, control, and conquer because HE is the living LORD!"
   Jesus is the light of the world. We are branches and abide in Him, so let you light shine to others each moment of each day of each year. Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment