Friday, September 15, 2017

Spirit in you--- Hot or Cold?

Good morning all. I bid you a good day with God's speed.  May all your thoughts and actions bring honor and glory to God. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.
   When thoughts enter your mind do you just pass them off or think about them?  Sometimes crazy far out thoughts like why am I good looking instead of rich. LOL Then other thoughts that lead to deeper meanings and understanding.  For example, how often have you read a verse in the Bible and it was "just a verse".  Then one day you read it again and suddenly realized - wow - this is powerful.  I believe the reason for that is we may not be ready for the knowledge of that verse in the past, but our growth has moved us to the point we are ready to read and understand.
   We, as Christians, have accepted Jesus Christ to be our saviour and son of the only 1 true and living God.  When Jesus left the disciples He left the Holy Spirit here to guide and direct us- John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
   Psalm 31: Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O Lord God of truth.
   We need to commit our spirit.  So often we treat the spirit like our water taps. We have hot and cold knobs; a combination of these creates warm. When we commit our spirit to God, we should be turning on ONLY the HOT TAP!  Doth it not say in the Bible be either hot or cold, but if lukewarm you will be spewed from his mouth? (Revelation 3:15-17)
  In our daily walk it is important, in my opinion, to ask God to give us what Elisha asked of Elijah, to double our portion of spirit. 2 Kings 2: And it came to pass, when they were gone over, that Elijah said unto Elisha, Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee. And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me.
  Elijah said if you see the sign it will be given.  Maybe we need to pray, asking for a double portion of the spirit and then be alert to see the sign.  If we don't receive a double portion, then our time is yet to come.
   I know that I need to do as David requested in Psalm 51: 10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
   I have not committed the acts David did, however, in my own sinful live I have committed sinful acts.  It is time for a clean heart and a renewed spirit monthly, weekly, daily, and each moment that we are allowed to traverse this world.
   To conclude, the Spirit is like a river running through us, but we have it funneled into hot and cold water taps because we choose to be in control.  Which tap will you open today?  Hot, Cold, or combination (lukewarm)?  Do you want control? OR, do you want God to be in total control?  Hot or Cold?
   Thank you for listening/reading today.  May your day be blessed beyond your wildest dreams. Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace,
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment