Friday, September 22, 2017

Listening to God! That is easy to say, but.............Proverbs 3:5-6

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  Do you listen?  I mean really listen?  My wife says I have a hearing problem. I really don't - I have a listening problem.
  When we listen we are focused on what is being spoken to you.  We hear many things as we are listening - a car driving by, music, someone yelling, etc.; but are we focused?
  Proverbs 3: Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.   6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
 We are to trust in the LORD how?  With all my heart!  This means I am willing to follow God, willing to take time to speak to God AND  L I S T E N !!!
   Look at - lean not unto thine own understanding - and what does this mean to you.  The attitude I take will affect this.  If I feel I am right and know best - it may not be what God knows is best for me in the long haul.
   God is always willing to listen, but we, His children are not as good at listening as we should be.  Verse 6 - the instant we decide to place God squarely in the center of our lives, He will respond to that decision with blessings that are too unexpected to predict and too numerous to count.
   So, where are you today, leaning on your own understanding or listening to God and following His direction?
   Oswald Chambers says: "Trustfulness is based on confidence in God whose ways I do not understand.
  And Beth Moore quips "Sometimes the very essence of faith is trusting God in the midst of things He knows good and well we cannot comprehend."
   Remember, because God is trustworthy - and because He has made promises to you that He intends to keep - you are protected.
  To close with Oswald Chambers: Beware of trusting in yourself, and see that you trust in the LORD."  Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment