Tuesday, September 6, 2016

2 Timothy 4:3-4 What do you want to hear?

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!  Jesu Jevu!
   Back to Timothy. Wow!  What a lot of good info, especially for todays world.
Let us look at the verses in KJV and NIV

2 Timothy 4:3-4King James Version (KJV)For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2 Timothy 4:3-4New International Version (NIV)  3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

   Take time to digest these verses. First "the time will come" when what?  They - meaning the world, the people. What? will not wish to hear the common sense or Biblical doctrine or teachings.
  Then what? They will make rules, do things that are pleasing to their own desires, their wants, it is all about self.  Don't read something stupid like the Bible, just create your own rules - like transgender bathrooms. (this denies all common sense)
  Next, they will flock to and stick to the teachers who tell them what they want to hear.  Don't tell me the truth - lie to me so I will be happy with myself.  Ex: in competition EVERYONE gets a ribbon, medal or trophy.  Why? we want them to feel GOOD about themselves.  Wait! Whoa! You mean I am going to tell you that you did well when you ruined what you were doing, just so you could feel good about yourself.  How about, I show you what went wrong and we work together to correct it so you will, then, learn something and now feel good about yourself.
   Preachers from the pulpit say God wants you to prosper, do well, have money, have things, material things.  Where can you locate that in the Bible? People will quote Jeremiah 29:11 - but let us read it all in context. Click here to read it.  Start with verse 9 and get the context all the way through to verse 12.  It starts with false prophets - then ends with pray unto me and I (God) will hearken unto you.
God promises me salvation through Jesus Christ.  This is PRICELESS and my riches.  Quit listening to myths, rebuking the truth. You, YES YOU!!!!  GET INTO YOUR BIBLE AND SEE WHAT THE REAL WORD OF GOD SAYS.  I am talking to you, my daughters, my friends, my cousins, my brothers and sisters in Christ; and to me.
    Rebuke the lies our world leaders cast to us; our preachers, teachers, and professors lay down; and what the media tries to portray as the truth.  Search for yourself and get the real word of God; see what it says.  Love you all. Spread the word, the Biblical word!
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment