Friday, September 2, 2016

James 1:15, 5 Lust brings death; wisdom brings deliverance

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!  JESU JEVU!! Jesus Help Me!
   Well, I trust all has gone well this week with thee.  God takes care of us, even when we don't know or actually realize it.  Sleeping soundly I woke with the verse James 1:15 in my head; then James 1:5.  I do not know what God is telling me; if you understand dreams and why verses come to you in dreams, let you be the one to interpret this for me.
    James 1:15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
When we partake of things, like food, drink, visiting with friends, happiness; there is no sin. But, as the spider weaves his web, if this becomes greater and greater in our life, then it becomes a rope that ties us to it.  Example:  eating is not a sin; however, eating each meal to the state of being uncomfortable and miserable becomes gluttony, or sin.  Having a glass of wine with dinner is okay, but drinking  until the bottle is empty and you can hardly stand, again, is gluttony - you are a drunkard and sinned.
   So, what we have, and what we have we keep in moderation is a good thing; however we have to be aware that it could go from moderation to exaggeration.  When we get to exaggeration it brings forth sin.
   Sooooo, we all sin; we are born of sin nature.  Yeah, yeah, yeah!  This becomes a copout for too many people.  Well, I was born of sin nature and I'm only human.  Yes, we are only human, however, after accepting Jesus Christ as our LORD and saviour; a piece of perfect is in us.  This piece of perfect should grow and grow.  If it withers and dies, then what do we have at the end------death!  If we thrive in our lust, our sins, then the one who delights in our sin is satan.  He has won another wayward soul.
   Now, let me take you to James 1: If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
   If you find you are caught in the spider web of lust (worldly things), then ask God for wisdom.  Look and see what we are told. If we lack wisdom--  you may say "well, I'm not stupid, I know" - that is not what I am saying.  We may lack wisdom in one area; yet have great wisdom in a different area.  EX: Maybe you are the best CPA in the world, but when tasting of the barley ale (beer or alcohol) you have no wisdom - you become an obnoxious drunk.  Ask God for wisdom and guess what?
   God gives wisdom to ALL MEN LIBERALLY.  UPBRAIDETH NOT -we are not rebuked or scolded for lack of wisdom.  Man, one, is deficient in wisdom; two, all we have to do is ask God for wisdom; and three, it will be given liberally (willingly with no strings attached).
  How great is all this?  So, what I am gathering from my wakening with these verses is that I have to be cautious in my lusts (wants) and not let them take over my life.  AND, all I have to do is ask God for wisdom and HE will grant it.  I have studied this before - obviously - I have not adhered to what I studied because it was given once again.  I ask your prayers for me in this area, my family, friends, church family, communities throughout America and the world -  the prayer that we will all, once again, return to GOD, leaving behind the lusts of the world. Thank you for enduring. Love you all.
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment