Monday, June 10, 2019

Authority and FAITH! Matthew 8

Good morning everyone.  God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  BLESSED!!!
  Under what authority do you live?  Who is the MAIN AUTHORITY in your life? Well, we think government, spouse, boss, work, and many others.  Many mimic famous people such as movies stars, athletes, politicians and such.
   We live in America and are SUBJECT to the laws of America; BUT, we as Christians, are under the AUTHORITY OF GOD.
   What power does God/Jesus have?  Many will ask this question; when we think logically about it we are talking about the creator or the universe, the creator of life, the creator of all living things. So, what power does God/Jesus have? ALL THE POWER!
  The question then becomes, ''Do I have strong enough belief that God is the authority?"
  The Centurion in Matthew 8 had the belief in Jesus' authority.  Read with me:
When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking for help. “Lord,” he said, “my servant lies at home paralyzed, suffering terribly.”
Jesus said to him, “Shall I come and heal him?”
The centurion replied, “Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and that one, ‘Come,’ and he comes. I say to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.”
10 When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, “Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith. 11 I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. 12 But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”
13 Then Jesus said to the centurion, “Go! Let it be done just as you believed it would.” And his servant was healed at that moment.
    Here is a Roman soldier who has heard of Jesus, believes in Jesus and has the FAITH.  This man has not read the Bible as have we.  So how could he know without studying the scriptures?  This man knows the power of authority and knows that Jesus has the authority of GOD.
   Can you, can I, can our fellow Christians all say we have as much faith as this man?  Look back up at verse 10 - can Jesus say this about you, about me?  Food for thought.  May your day be wonderful, safe, and full of the belief in God as much as the Centurion. Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment