Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Matthew 8:23-27 Fear, Anxiety, Pride----FAITH

Good morning all. God is good all the time, all the time God is good. BLESSED!!
   Does fear, anxiety or pride ever hold you back?  It did the disciples, even, when they were with Jesus.  It is all based on our faith.  Faith in who?  Faith in yourself? OR, Faith in God?
   When we have faith in ourselves we make our first mistake.  Now don't get me wrong, we have to have confidence, but we need to remember that all we have has been given us by God's mercy and grace.
  So often we need to wear a button around that says "IT IS ALL ABOUT ME!" Yeah, it's all about me.  Hmmm.  In the middle of anxIety if the big "I"; in the middle of prIde is the big "I".  The disciples were in the boat with Jesus when a big storm rose up about them.  Jesus was sound asleep.  The disciples had fear rise up in them, they were worried about "I" (themselves) and scared. They woke Jesus saying, "LORD, save us: we perish".  
and what did Jesus say?  "Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith?" Jesus got up, rebuked the winds and sea and there was calm.
   So, how often do we, in the storms of life, fail to turn to Jesus, to God for help. We fail to turn to the Holy Spirit for guidance.  Would Jesus say to you "O ye of little faith? 
     In our pride, anxiety and ignorance we fail to turn to our creator for leadership.  We try to do it all on our own.  
   I feel very strongly that GOD is speaking to me about this subject of fear and it being all about me.  When, at 5 a.m. I turned to TBN, Hillsong, and Daystar all I hear was preaching about fear; anxiety, pride.  I ask that you pray for me as I will for you about our fears.  Let it not be about me, but about God and his great plan for us, his children.  Thanks for reading. Love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment