Saturday, January 26, 2019

Ecclesiastes 4:6

Good morning all.  God is good all the time, all the time God is good.  COMPLETELY BLESSED!!!!  AS ARE YOU!!!!
  Well dear friends, at 3:48 a.m. this morning I woke and was given the scripture of NIV -Ecclesiastes 4: Better one handful with tranquillity than two handfuls with toil and chasing after the wind.
  KJV- Better is an handful with quietness, than both the hands full with travail and vexation of spirit.
 From this scripture I was confused at first. I wondered why?  Then I read verse 5: "The fool foldeth his hand together, and eateth his own flesh.
  Verse 5 relates to the lazy person who creates his own demise.  Ths person idles away his/her time and affects others who depend on them.
  Then I come back to verse 6 where I interpret this to mean that it is better to work, do your job humbly and quietly.  The person who is competitive and strives to get the bigger, the better, the newest of everything and lives for all the material possessions he can acquire.
   One does his/her job as in honor to God; whereas the other lives for the world and strives to gain all he can before he dies.  You know the old saying, "the boys with the most toys wins".
   We need to take time to enjoy the other gifts God has given, and realize that it is God who gives out the assignments and the rewards, not us.
  May this touch you as much as it touched me.  I love you all.
In Christ's Love and Grace
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment